By booking with us you agree to the following terms and conditions…
All lunch bookings are allocated a 2 hour sitting and dinner bookings for 7pm and prior to are allocated a 2 and a half hour sitting after which the table will be required back unless prior arrangements have been made with the restaurant for the table to be held longer. We will always do our best to accommodate requests for this but cannot guarantee such requests.
Restaurant bookings for 8 or more guests are confirmed by a deposit of £5.00 per person. For special occasions such as Mothers Day, New Years Eve or any events organised by Rock Salt a £10.00 per person deposit will apply. Christmas party deposits are non-refundable. See below for details of cancellation on our 24 hours cancellation policy.
Restaurant Cancellation Policy
Reservations that are cancelled and amendments to the booking made less than 24 hours prior to the date of their booking will forfeit the deposit.
We respect the right for our staff to have a harassment free workplace. Harassment is a form of unlawful discrimination under the Equality Act. Customers in breach of this will be asked to leave the premises and any deposit will be forfeit.
Pet and Guide Dog Policy
Animals are not accepted unless assisting guests with disabilities
In line with legislation passed in 2007 Rock Salt Cafe is no-smoking in the restaurant, public rooms and toilets.
Gift vouchers issued by Rock Salt Cafe Brasserie are non-refundable and non-transferable. Gift vouchers are also not redeemable for cash or credit.
Responsible Serving of Alcohol
Do you look under 25? We are part of Challenge 25. If you look under 25 please do not be offended if we ask you for proof of age when ordering alcohol. Please bring photo ID. If dining with an adult, customers must be 17 to enjoy alcohol with a meal, those under 18 may consume a maximum of no more than 1 unit, for example half a pint of lager or 125ml of wine. Photographic ID must be produced.
We cannot list every item in each dish on our menu. If you have food allergies please mention this on booking so that our serving staff can advise you which dishes are appropriate for your needs.
All items, belongings and other property brought into the premises by you are at your own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property.
All competitions are not associated with any one other than Rock Salt Cafe unless specified. The prize is not redeemable for a cash alternative. The prize cannot be collected on any special Rock Salt days including but not limited to Valentines Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
Terms and Conditions for 10% Local Business Discounts
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounted offer i.e pre fix menus, set menus, loyalty schemes etc
- Cannot be used in conjunction with and events i.e themed nights, valentines, mothers day, Christmas Party menu etc.
- The discount is only valid for the person who produces an ID card for the specific business. If they are part of a group split the bill and only discount the people who have the valid ID’s.
- It is valid for both food and drinks.
- If an ID card for the specific business is not produced then no discount will be given.
- The discount is not valid for paying deposits on group tables.
- The discount only applies to current employees of the business identified as part of our scheme. If you are not sure if your business is listed or would like to be, please get in touch!
Terms and Conditions for Loyalty Card
- Only one stamp will be given for each purchase (of food or drink). No minimum spend required.
- One stamp will be given per transaction ie payment of either full table bill or your part payment of bill.
- 20% reward discount is not valid for paying deposits on group tables.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount ie local business discount, Spree voucher
- 20% reward discount cannot be used in conjunction with events i.e themed nights, Pan Asia, Valentines, Mothers day, Christmas Party menu etc
- 20% reward discount valid for use Monday – Fridays on tables of up to 8 people.
- Not valid on purchases made through third party websites ie Deliveroo.
Terms and Conditions for 20% discount on Christmas Parties
Valid for parties booked to dine with us Sunday evening 5pm through to the end of Thursday evening throughout December from our Christmas Party Menu only.
Subject to avaialbility, not available to use in conjunction with any other offer i.e. Loyalty Card or Local Business discount.
20% discount taken off Christmas party menu food bill not inclusive of food from other menus or any drinks.
About this policy
ROCK SALT CAFE is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
• you use our website (www.rocksaltcafe.co.uk).
• you make a booking on our website.
• you make enquiries on our website.
• someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via our site.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
ROCK SALT CAFE is a restaurant based in Plymouth.
We are part of a group of restaurants which includes Salumi Bar and Eatery.
Our registered address is: 1 Brookside Close, Plymouth PL9 0BY.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
• when you make a booking.
• when you visit a restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.).
• make an enquiry.
• when you sign up to marketing firstname.lastname@example.org.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfill your booking request and you may dine at our venue.
When you make a booking:
ROCK SALT CAFE collects information such as:
• e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback email@example.com)
• home or work address
• billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for
use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
• telephone number
• company name
• dietary requests
• marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out)
When you dine at ROCK SALT CAFE:
• marketing responses (where applicable)
• survey responses
• current and past restaurant reservation details
When you access our sites:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by ROCK SALT CAFE. This information can include:
• device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
• operating system
• IP address
• browser type
• browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
• domain names
• access times
• referring website addresses
• other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to INFO@ROCKSALTCAFE.CO.UK. This information may include:
• personal details
• employment details
• salary history
• other relevant details
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at INFO@ROCKSALTCAFE.CO.UK.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to firstname.lastname@example.org), or because it is in our legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Send you service email@example.com (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback).
• Improve our products and services.
• Send marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them.
• We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf. For example service providers (e.g. e-Restaurant for the provision of online bookings), third-party payment processors, and other third parties to provide our Sites and fulfil your requests, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
How and where do we store data?
For reservations taken through e-Restaurant software, your data will only be stored in the UK.
e-Restaurant data is stored in their MySQL database which is hosted by Amazon in their data centre in Ireland.
MailChimp, who we use to manage our communication with our customers, has different world class data centres around the United States with “biometric scanners and the usual high tech stuff that data centers always brag about.”
We may analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by firstname.lastname@example.org, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at INFO@ROCKSALTCAFE.CO.UK.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that ROCK SALT CAFE holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: INFO@ROCKSALTCAFE.CO.UK.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will, therefore, be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be determined on the following basis):
Seniority within the business,
length of employment and
circumstances which lead to the end of the employment.
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our Site.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
• Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. We will recommend to the new owner that they contact you to be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owners use.
Our sister restaurant
We may share your information (such as meal or seating preferences and special occasions) with other restaurants in the same restaurant group. This is to enhance the hospitality experience that we (the restaurant group) provide you when you dine with us (such as, trying to seat you by a window, if you previously expressed a preference for window seating) (“customised service”) and to improve our table and shift planning.
In addition to providing you with more customised service, we may, as permitted by applicable law, share your information with our restaurant affiliates to support operations, such as to perform analytics, tailor marketing to you, support a loyalty program that you have chosen to participate in, and improve services.
For more information, please feel free to contact us at: INFO@ROCKSALTCAFE.CO.UK
Changes to this statement
We’re open 7 days a week…
Monday to Friday
10am–3pm / 5pm–late
We are closed between 3 and 5pm
Saturdays and Sundays
9am til late serving food all day.